About the product
Over the past two months, I have been working on Tempus, a Chrome extension that allows you to efficiently manage and view YouTube comments with timestamps.
- 🔖 View concentration of comments using opacity of displayed markers.
- ⌛ View comments containing a particular timestamp.
- ⏩ While playing the video, view comments with timestamps like a live chat replay.
- ⚙️ Customize the primary colour, block size of the markers.
To use Tempus, just make sure the extension has been installed and enabled in your browser. Then, you can head to any YouTube video, where the extension will collect timestamps from the comments and display them under the video progress bar.
The settings, which are accessible through the Tempus icon on the top-right of your browser, allow you to:
- 📏 Configure the block size of the marker
- 📊 Toggle HeatMap markers
- ⏩ Toggle the comment live replay
- 🖱️ Toggle the marker on-click comment view
- 🎨 Configure the primary colour for markers
Install it here and check out the source code here!